Monday, January 4, 2010

Cross dressing maybe not so weird after all?

So, I don't know what's gotten into me lately....but I've really been diggin on the menswear. And not just the typical vests and pinstripe, I'm talking actual mens clothing. (You're silently judging me, aren't you?)
For the past two days, I've pretty much found myself up to my knees in it. Literally. Yesterday, I stole a bunch of my dad's sweaters from about the late 80's that are folded into a pile that actually comes up to my knees. I know what you're probably thinking. Sweaters from the 80's= Dr. Huxtable to the max. Luckily my dad has better fashion sense than that, and picked sweaters that I've managed to cinch with a belt and pair with leggings and ballet flats. He totally had me in mind while picking these out. Before I was born.
Anyways, today just so happened to be one of the most unusual shopping sprees I've been on in awhile. As I was making a few Christmas returns, I stumbled upon a sale in the little boys section and somehow managed to leave with quite a few items in my bag. Ralph Lauren boys sizes seem to fit surprisingly similar to women's sizes, as well as have the same classic Ralph style and are not to mention a whole lot cheaper. Love me some Ralph!
From my recent experiments I've learned that who says you have to rock the menswear when it's already made for women? Real mens clothing can be made feminine, with the right accessories and finishing touches.
Also, the looser fitting gives a little less guilt while enjoying my carbs :) Just kidding. But seriously.
par exemple:
menswear+for+women.jpg
Polo Ralph Lauren

AAAAAgtQEkkAAAAAAVYCAw.jpg

Polo Ralph Lauren

kaboodle.com


ralph-lauren-vest-jeans-240rb091709.jpg

Ralph Lauren

stylelist.com


well done, ralph.

No comments:

Post a Comment