Monday, January 18, 2010

Yayyyy Golden Globes!


So, the Golden Globes just ended. Of course, the Golden Globes are put on to honor and award the amazing work done in the film and television industry. Avatar was awarded Best Drama, along with James Cameron for Best Director. It's looking like I'm gonna have to go see this...I really didn't want to sit in a theater for 3 hours but I guess it's winning enough awards to suck it up. Anyways a lot of the right people won, there were a lot of great films and a lot of wonderful work done in Hollywood this past year. But enough about that.

I think we all know that the real awards of the evening go to the Best Dressed.

Here are my favorites:

Kate Hudson was absolutely at the very top of my list tonight wearing Marchesa. This was the perfect choice for her, from the gorgeous color to the way it fit her body so perfectly. I love how she's not afraid to take a risk when picking out her dress, and it almost never goes wrong! The structure of this dress with the added feathers at the top of the bust are a subtle risk but also noticeably makes the dress. A clear favorite for me!

Oh, Penelope. Simply elegant, as always. I'm shocked to hear that anyone would be less than in awe of this Armani Prive. The detail in this dress is so simple, yet so breathtaking, from the lace around the shoulders, to the subtle stripes on the bodice, to the mermaid bottom. Penelope is never underwhelming with any of her choices, but this one is at the top of the list for me. Pure proof that you don't have to show skin to be sexy.

I'm not sure if many people know Sofia Vergara yet, but you will now. I love her show "Modern Family," (which is HIGHlarious by the way, I highly suggest you check it out) but now I think I'm going to start loving her for her style! (Not to mention the fact that she's gorgeous and has a gorgeous Latin accent to go along with it) Anyways, this Carolina Herrara number is one of the first I saw on the red carpet, and I immediately became stunned at the beauty of this dress! Carolina's dresses are the pinnacle of elegance, and Sofia wears it quite well. I wish I had a picture of the back! Urgh!

Chace Crawford. Dolce and Gabbana suit. One word: Yum.

Jennifer Aniston, you are so beautiful. This woman has never once let me down on the red carpet! From her hair, to her always fresh faced makeup, she is a perfect example of the I'm-not-trying-too-hard,-I'm-really-this-beautiful look. This Valentino dress is so chic and simple, while the one shouldered/sweetheart neckline and the "wow-that's-really-high" slit draw so much attention. Classy yet interesting!


Okay, I'm sleepy now. But don't worry, there will be more!

No comments:

Post a Comment